Argus Community Re-Entry Initiative (ACRI)
760 East 160th Street
Bronx, NY 10456
- Switchboard: (718) 401-5700
- Central Intake: (718) 401-5726
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ACRI has four major project goals: (1) Expand services/treatment to new clients; (2) Improve client functioning via evidenced-based practices: Illness Management and Recovery (IMR) treatment within a Modified Therapeutic Community (MTC); (3) Support the East Harlem and South Bronx community districts in expanding comprehensive, multi-agency approaches to treatment and recovery; (4) Demonstrating the program’s effectiveness for improving (a) the lives and functioning of reentrants, their families, significant others, and (b) the availability of needed community service deliveries.
The ACRI services and interventions are embedded within Argus Community’s federally funded residences, NYS OASAS- and OMH-licensed outpatient programs, NYS DOH-certified HIV case management programs, and prevocational and job training programs.
- Slots: 75
- Clients served per year: 75
- Genders: males (85%) & females (15%)
- Ages: 18 + years
- Special Characteristics: 100% of participants are under the jurisdiction of the NYS & NYC criminal justice systems, have been sentenced to incarceration as adults and; (1) have been assessed as substance-using/abusing or diagnosed as having a substance abuse disorder, (2) have been sentenced by the CJ system to incarceration facilities, (3) are within 4 months of scheduled release to the community, and (4) upon release from the facility to communities are immediately referred to community-based treatment. ACRI also focuses on adults who have dependent children, but not to the exclusion of (childless) adults, as well as adults with substance use disorders and co-occurring mental and addictive disorders.